Advice For Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Families
1. Let people help you
2. Take it one day at a time
3. Take care of yourself
4. Keep a good sense of humor
5. You don't need to spend 24/7 by your child
6. Use all of your resources. Talk to your social worker
7. Have hope!
8. Eat healthy
9. Have patience. CDH babies do things on their own time
10. Don't Google absolutely everything
11. Be proactive! Get second opinions and ask questions
12. Don't compare your journey to others
13. Celebrate ALL victories!
14. Sometimes a good cry can help release the negativity
15. Develop coping strategies such as reading, journaling, walking, watching the sunset, etc.